Full Job Description
The Director of Finance position is accountable for the overall integrity, accuracy, and completeness of financial results and safeguarding of plant assets. The Director of Finance is a key member of the Operations Management team and engages in all aspects of operations to provide timely and comprehensive financial leadership to the Plant Management team. This role is also responsible for developing and managing, hourly and salaried level direct reports responsible for the day-to-day accounting, reporting, and inventory control for the operations.
- Accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Balance sheet oversight and reconciliation.
- Forecasting & budget planning.
- Capital expenditure analysis and reporting.
- Accurate cost analysis.
- Compliance with internal controls and corporate policies.
- Statutory reporting as required.
- Completion of internal and external audits.
- Support continuous operational and financial results improvement with focus on cost savings.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Accounting.
- CPA, CMA or equivalent designation
- Manufacturing/costing experience
- Staff management experience
- 5-7 years related work experience in manufacturing or industrial environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
- ERP System experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate and consistently deliver in a changing environment
- High level of accountability.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Strives for high performance and uses technical skills effectively with a demonstrated emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems, controls, and compliance procedures, and industry practices.
- Strong Business Ethics Commitment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain results, document processes, and convey ideas.
- Financial analysis skills (identifies information needed to prepare and validate analyses; interprets and draws conclusions from financial information; extracts meaning from data by recognizing trends and patterns).
- US GAAP/IFRS knowledge