Distribution Center Manager Job Description-
A distribution center manager is responsible for ensuring that goods are dispatched on time and to the appropriate destination. To become a distribution center manager, you will need a bachelor’s degree in a related field gives distribution center managers the best employment and career progression opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities-
• Monitoring and overseeing other warehouse workers in the distribution team
• Evaluating freight services
• Negotiating contracts and managing relationships with chosen vendors
• Implementing warehouse safety programs
• Dealing with customer questions and complaints (e.g., goods not arriving on time)
• Ensuring that all department milestones and goals are met
• Reviewing work orders to determine forecasts so that you can make plans for peak delivery periods
• Keeping up to date with all guidelines and regulations and ensuring that they meet the department standards
• Bachelor’s degree, strongly preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience.
• Communication skills, as distribution center managers will need to communicate updates and problems with vendors, clients and team members
• Problem-solving skills, as distribution center managers will be faced with different problems every single day and they MUST be able to come up with solutions quickly and efficiently
• Leadership skills, are distribution center managers will direct a team of other warehouse workers