Director of Finance
Director of Finance – $90,000 – $120,000
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated individual to join a well-respected and recognized organization as the Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will play a vital role in overseeing the financial operations and strategy of the organization. This position requires a deep understanding of financial management, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, excellent leadership abilities, and a desire to be a part of the leadership team.
Financial Planning and Budgeting: Develop and manage the annual budget, ensuring alignment with strategic goals and objectives. Conduct financial forecasting, analyze trends, and provide recommendations to the executive team for effective resource allocation.
Financial Reporting and Analysis: Prepare accurate financial statements, reports, and analyses for internal and external stakeholders. Present financial information in a clear and concise manner, enabling informed decision-making at all levels of the organization.
Risk Management: Assess financial risks and develop strategies to mitigate them. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and internal policies. Identify opportunities for operational improvement and cost-saving measures.
Cash Flow Management: Oversee cash flow, monitor investment portfolios, and maintain relationships with banking institutions. Develop strategies to optimize cash flow, minimize borrowing costs, and maximize return on investments.
Team Leadership and Development: Supervise and mentor a team of accounting professionals. Foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment. Provide guidance on financial policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to best practices and ethical standards.
Strategic Financial Planning: Work closely with senior leadership to develop long-term financial strategies and financial models. Evaluate the financial feasibility of new initiatives and provide recommendations for resource allocation.
External Relations: Serve as a liaison with external auditors, government agencies, and other stakeholders on financial matters. Represent the organization in financial negotiations and partnerships, demonstrating strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of progressive experience in financial management.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Proven experience in strategic financial planning and resource allocation.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and compliance standards
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Advanced proficiency in financial software and MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information to diverse audiences.