100% Remote/Direct hire Full time Role.
Sr. Tableau Developer
CLIENT is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in visual analytics as a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer – Tableau in CLIENT’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The BI Developer position benefits from CLIENT’s desire to grow its staff into future leaders in the areas of healthcare data science and quality improvement. Under the direction of the Executive Technical Director and other senior DSAA leaders, the BI Developer position collaborates directly with analysts and data scientists on a wide array of projects that would benefit from the visual display of data in Tableau or comparable software.
The BI Developer is a key contributor to cutting edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at CLIENT. For the vast majority of projects, the visual analytic component will be based on the Tableau platform. Data that will be incorporated into Tableau by the BI Developer include, but are not limited to:
· case review
· medical and prescription drug claims
· eligibility and enrollment
· clinical (e.g., laboratory)
· electronic health record
· vital statistics
· healthcare registry
· operational (e.g., financial)
· facility self-reported
Initially, the BI Developer will focus primarily on work performed by CLIENT for the Federal government.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an integral part of CLIENT Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Works in conjunction with staff and customers to define Tableau reporting requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and multi-level dashboards in Tableau.
- Design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Experience working with Ad-hoc Business Objects Web Intelligence Reports.
- Develop impactful presentations and documents
- Communicate complex topics to team through both written and oral communications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a quantitative discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience building visualization solutions with Tableau and 1 year of experience with Tableau server to create user accounts and associated roles.
- At least 1 year of experience building visualization solutions using software other than Tableau (e.g., Amazon QuickSight, Power BI).
- Excellent SQL programming skills required.
- Experience gathering and refining requirements, interviewing business users to understand and document data requirements is required.
- Strong attention to detail, documenting business and technical requirement based on user interviews is required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, and SSAS is preferred.
- Experience working with healthcare data is strongly preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
CLIENT is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212. If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.