System Admin/Manager (Onsite Role)
Full Time/Direct Hire Role (2 Positions)
Las Vegas, NV
Our client offers: Flexible schedule, free flights, $14k travel discounts, profit sharing (roughly 5%), 401k 5% contribution immediate vesting, and robust health benefit package. We have placed dozens of permanent employees with this company, and everyone we have placed is enjoying a fun and engaging work environment, potential for growth, and above all – great work/life balance.
He would be Responsible for the development, implementation, support, and overview of airport networking infrastructure. This position is important for the growth of new and existing airports to implement and support of network infrastructure for Airline operations. A System Admin is responsible assisting with the design of the network footprint for implementation, providing hands on support for the installation of the equipment and first level support for the technical infrastructure. They are an individual contributor that provides and leads 3rd tier customer support on client computers, peripherals, applications, tools and networks.
Along with the implementation of the network infrastructure this position is responsible for performing maintenance and upgrades to the hardware and software of the airport systems. The Support Specialist II will develop the standards and enforce documentation of the infrastructure as well as maintaining an accurate list of inventory and asset management. This position will require working with other partnered teams to assist in supporting an enterprise level IT infrastructure and deploy new technology while adhering to best practices and maintaining PCI Compliance.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Certification Details: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
Years of Experience:
Minimum three (3) years of experience managing technical implementation of projects.
Minimum three (3) years of experience supporting an enterprise desktop environment.
Minimum three (3) years of experience with asset management.
• Availability to travel up to 50% of the month, including domestic and international.
• Advanced knowledge of network protocols including DHCP, DNS, and Mac Based Security.
• Familiar with PowerShell scripting, creating .bat files, and group policy.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft’s core business applications and operating system.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and be self-guided for a range of related semi-complex tasks.
• Excellent customer service and advanced technical support skills for resolving semi-complex issues.
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
• Ability to articulate technical information effectively to customers and vendors to assist in remote troubleshooting.
• Ability to work independently under the direction of immediate manager.
• Advanced knowledge of Active Directory administration and domain troubleshooting.
• Advanced knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
• Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere.
• Advanced knowledge of client patch management systems.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with SCCM including imaging, task sequence, patch management and reporting.
• Knowledge and experience with any of the following airport common use platforms: Amadeus, SITA, Arinc, Ultra.
• Ability to work extended hours as required for off-site support.
• Availability to work or travel a variety of shifts and on weekends and holidays as necessary.
• Availability for on-call rotation.
• Availability to be on-call for emergencies.
• Independently resolve 95% of all cases assigned.
• Lead the planning for client and application upgrades.
• Define incident, problem, crisis and change management processes by department.
• Define and support technical troubleshooting for semi-complex problems relating to the network, computer and peripherals while working in an airport environment as well as remote support.
• Act as departmental project manager for internal support of projects.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Manage project progress and adapt work as required.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing a project budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances.
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Report and escalate to management as needed.
• Manage the relationship with the customers and all stakeholders.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks and initiating corrective actions.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Provide a standard of documentation based on the needs of the company’s airport equipment within Microsoft Visio as well as provide troubleshooting documentation for cross-training other team members.
• Responsible for software installation, performance, troubleshooting and user training.
• Perform site audits and inventory.
• Track time within a ticket system.
• Recognize deviations from semi-complex practices and applies judgment to develop or recommend solutions or next steps.
• Responsible for the design of configuration of Windows 10 desktops, laptops, and various vendor peripherals.
• Coordinate the hands-on implementation of enterprise level Cisco series networking gear.
• Work with Development and QA team during Research and Development of new software development and hardware functionality enhancements. Together with the other team members, assist and support the QA team in all aspects of projects, provide analysis, interpretation, and written summaries/reports.
• Prioritize, address and follow through on multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Errors in this position may result in severe delay of business operations associated with downtime and includes equipment failure and internal customer dissatisfaction
• Errors may require the application of additional resources to resolve or correct.