About the role
We’re looking for engineers with a keen eye for detail and a healthy impatience for mediocrity. We’re a cloud-native company and we’re serious about doing infrastructure the right way. That means code first, serverless where it makes sense, highly orchestrated containers, blue green canaries, continuous deployment, etc.
Our core infrastructure problems are seldom scale in the traditional sense, our work revolves around building predictability, reliability and flexibility into the system. We integrate with all kinds of providers via every mechanism imaginable (and then some), and our core infrastructure team supports it all.
In this role, expect to
- Plan, implement and manage cloud infrastructure
- Develop proactive monitoring and alerting on signals of symptoms, not just outages
- Work closely with engineering to ensure deployed code performs as expected, has a consistent, automated and “boring” path from developers machine to production
- Identify opportunities to incorporate new technologies or techniques into our process that improve reliability, level of automation or ability to respond to incidents.
To succeed in this role
- 3+ years experience in cloud infrastructure, lots of comfort with kubernetes and ideally some experience with Google Cloud.
- Have a good understanding of how the web works
- You can put continuous integration and deployment best practices into action.
- You have a “reliability” mindset, bare curious and diligent in discovering ways to improve reliability
- You have an eye towards security, are committed to preventing network intrusion
- Work quickly and efficiently with a good sense of prioritization.
Note: all employees must complete a background check prior to starting employment.
Additionally offers competitive benefits:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Stock options with tremendous upside potential.