Website Empower Associates
Empower Associates is working with a well-established and growing company looking to add a Safety Director to the team. The Safety Director will develop and implement short and long-term goals, objectives, and programs for the organization. Additionally, the Safety Director will be responsible for leading the organization and bringing about a culture of safety throughout. If you want to work for an organization on the move that rewards hard work and contribution this is the opportunity.
Main Job Functions
- Collaborate with management to develop, prepare and implement health & safety policies & procedures.
- Continue to drive our culture of safety.
- Lead the Safety, Compliance, & Training programs. Manage all onboarding/orientation, training, and safety initiatives.
- Ensure company compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Provide safety training for employees on policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Manage drug testing programs, driver files, and driver fitness programs.
- Ensure completion of required DOT & OSHA recordkeeping & reporting.
- Identify & create initiatives to reduce and prevent accidents and injuries.
- Perform safety inspections & audits to assess employee compliance with safety initiatives.
- Advise the company’s administration team on safety issues and compliance.
- Maintain accurate and current records with various government entities.
- Analyze incident reports, metrics, and accident/injuries to institute behavioral change that leads to a safer environment.
- Manage accident & injury cases.
- 5 Years experience in manufacturing or transportation
- Extensive knowledge of current safety policies & applicable OSHA standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training & educate staff.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Available to travel to satellite offices throughout the year