A Buyer is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and buying goods and services required domestically and globally. Also, regularly monitor the organization’s inventory levels to help them understand their purchasing needs and schedule orders.
· Research and identify potential suppliers for goods and services required by the company.
· Evaluate suppliers based on quality, price, delivery, and service.
· Negotiate contracts and terms of purchase with suppliers.
· Prepare purchase orders and ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
· Manage inventory levels and ensure that stock levels are adequate to meet demand.
· Work closely with other departments such as production, finance, and quality control to ensure that purchases meet the company’s needs.
· Monitor market trends and changes in pricing to ensure that the company is getting the best deals.
· Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure long-term partnerships.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or related field.
· 2-5 years of experience in purchasing or supply chain management.
· Strong negotiation and communication skills.
· Ability to analyze market trends and pricing.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.