The Safety Manager is a member of the plant leadership team and drives the safety culture and employee engagement at all levels across the organization. The Safety Manager will collaborate with team members all functions of a manufacturing/distribution site. The Safety Manager will have ownership of the company safety function and have the support of Senior Management.
Environment, Health and Safety
- Owning, creating and driving a proactive culture of safety for growing manufacturing organization.
- Organizing and controlling the Safety functions of the site in a collaborative manner to ensure that best in class accident prevention programs are created and maintained.
- Implementing environmental, health and safety education and training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Investigating all releases, injuries and near-misses.
- Maintaining the facility’s compliance records for permits.
- Managing the safety program to assure compliance with corporate audit protocols and ISO 9001,14001 and 45001standards.
- Identifying and evaluating hazardous conditions and practices and developing hazard control practices and programs.
- Actively manage a contractor safety program to ensure compliance to corporate EHS standards.
- Managing industrial hygiene programs.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety standards and regulations.
- Keep current on regulatory changes