A fast growing international manufacturing company is seeking a dynamic and talented professional to fill a newly created role as their Assistant Corporate Controller. Reporting to the Global Corporate Controller and collaborating heavily with the VP of Finance & Accounting, the candidate selected for this position will be responsible for performing high level accounting functions, consolidations, reconciliations, review, and internal financial reporting. Other duties include:
- Provide support for the monthly and annual closing processes by preparing journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, and other related tasks.
- Collaborate with personnel from diverse departments, such as Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering, and Purchasing.
- Consolidate financial statements for multiple entities, including those based in foreign locations.
- Evaluate financial data and present concise summaries of the financial status.
- Contribute to the budgeting and financial forecasting processes.
- Participate in financial statement audits.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of standardized business processes and accounting policies to enhance internal controls, leveraging industry best practices.
- Conduct research and assist in the preparation of accounting technical memos, process documentation, and control procedures.
- Embrace and embody the company culture and core values.
- Minimum BS in Accounting, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in public accounting in audit with preference in servicing manufacturing or related industry OR 3+ years of experience in creating and consolidating financial statements, managing GL functions, leading month/year-end close processes.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- ERP software experience, MS AX / Dynamics / Great Plains preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Empower JobID 2066