Job Title: Analytics Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
SUMMARY: The Analytics Manager is responsible for the information technology and data science for company. This individual is a major contributor in the growth of company’s point of difference in data analytics. The Manager helps maximize the effectiveness of our programs and content, and prepares company to obtain new grant and donor money based on our leading-edge expertise in data science. They will also propose budgets for programs and projects and work on unique IT and data analytics related projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverages customer level data, including profitability, to drive margin and retention.
- Through analytics and modeling, helps us optimize key revenue drivers
- Performs sales, margin, product mix and customer level analysis and works as a key contributor to our financial forecasts.
- Works closely with our IT team to gain thorough understanding of our database and reporting systems and help ensure we are using them optimally to support sales.
- Partners with CMO to deliver operating plans that fully leverage learning from the quantitative survey and segmentation in process (this will include ongoing database segmentation and monitoring of progress vs. the attendance and revenue goals for large grants)
- Supports Marketing team in assessing the effectiveness of their efforts. Helps analyze data to determine which tactics drive the most leads and convert the highest.
- Work on the development and implementation of a customer service platform to serve the organization in every aspect.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years related finance, data management, analytics; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and statistics. Produce and analyze annual reports on the net benefit and key metrics, including the return on investment (ROI) and cost/return analysis to be determined by business lines/products.
REASONING ABILITY: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Self-starter with a positive attitude and comfort with ambiguity is required. Must be able to maintain complete and accurate records and exhibit excellent attention to detail. Should be organized and efficient and be able to work independently, as well as within a team.